Friday, July 3, 2009

The rest of the week

On Wednesday after class we had a guest lecturer come and talk to us about where Korean food came from. I thought that it would be really boring, but it was actually quite interesting learning random tidbits about Korean food like that bulgogi was only introduced to Korean cuisine in the 20th century, and there are 200 varieties of kimchi (and it didn't used to be red).

After class, I met up with Keunbum, Hyungsuk, and one of Hyungsuk's friends who's on leave from the army for a week. We went to a really tasty chicken place for dinner that we went to the night before for Chris P's birthday. They seemed to be happy with my recommendation cause they kept eating more and more. After dinner, HS and his friend left, so I showed Keunbum around campus and "Zeus' Temple", which is what we've started to call that colosseum thing...

Then we went to Aju University area to some karaoke place that he recommended. It was the luxury sort. Really good and really cheap. All in all, we paid total 18,000 for 2 1/2 hours of karaoke compared to paying 50,000 for 2 hours at the place we went to near Kyunghee. We had so much fun and sang way too much~

Thursday after class, I did Taekwondo for the first time. It was pretty embarrassing cause he thought we were all quite ridiculous. The class was specifically for our program participants and 11 of us showed up. I think we have 4 classes total. The guy was a sports something grad student at Kyunghee. One of the English teachers in Suwon told me that Kyunghee is famous for their Taekwondo so I was excited. But we pretty much were terrible. At least some of the guys and all the girls with the exception of Lindsey.

Today we went out for lunch and had pig kalbi and a bunch of other stuff. We had A TON of food for really cheap. It was all amazing and delicious. Afterwards, we were supposed to go karaoke but all the places nearby campus were closed at 3pm. That really sucks. So we just went back to the university instead.

I finally printed out my interview materials for my research project, and got to interview my first two people. Then I was really tired, so I just went to bed around 6:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment