Monday, June 29, 2009

Busy week....

One week down.... seven to go. Not that I'm counting, I'm having so much fun here. I could stay for the entire summer, and then some if I could.... Been really busy meeting old friends and new. Hasn't left a lot of time for studying, but that doesn't matter because some of my friends barely speak any English and that is more than enough practice for me.

Classes are going well. Our teacher decided today that we're gonna have a research project that we have to present next week. We have to go around and interview 20-30 students around campus and town about our specific topic, then do a speech about our findings. Mine is about tattoos and piercings in Korea, and what today's youth of Korea think about them.

Back tracking a bit... The language partners are so cute and it's so much fun hanging out with them! I've hung out mostly with June (who is Mary's partner), YongHwa (Billy's partner), and YoungMin (Meredith's partner). I finally met mine on Friday and she's really sweet too! Her name is Sena, and she's younger than me which means I don't have to use formal speech with her. I told her she doesn't have to use it with me either, which has made things much simpler. With the other language partners, I always have to use the "yo" form, which gets kinda tiring so it's good I get to drop the "yo" when I talk to her.

Saturday morning we woke up early to go to Hwasung Fortress. I got to see a lot more of it than I did on my birthday two years ago when I was there. It was really pretty, and a couple of the other classes had photo assignments so we took a bunch of crazy photos as usual. That evening, I went to Norebang (karaoke) finally for the first time of the trip! But definitely not the last~ Went with Meredith, Mary, an English teacher Sheila that I met here, and another teacher from Minnesota who works at her school.


Sunday morning I went to MyungDong with Meredith and Mary. We spent the whole day shopping and eating. I bought earrings, a dress, and a top. Then after I went to DongDaeMun to see some Temple U friends, Christine and Joyce. Christine was leaving to go back to the US today, so I had to see her before she left! I took them to the Russian/Central Asian district, and we had some good Russian food for dinner. We had Russian dumplings and Chiz Bis (lamb).


Today after class I met with the RA girl I met my first night. We had lunch and then went to Ulljjang to do sticker photos. Yay for Korean practice! Her English definitely would not have been enough to sustain our conversation, but she's a really nice girl. We didn't make plans to hang out more yet, but I'm sure I'll see her again! After that I met Mary, June, and YongHwa. We just hung out doing homework and chatting. Billy, YoungMin, Meredith, and Chris P came around and we went to eat Jjajangmyun for dinner. I feel like a talk way to much about what I eat for each meal.... but I'm just happy to be able to get such a cheap bowl of good food in this country =D After dinner, we went back to Ulljjang to get more sticker photos! My favorite asian passtime, hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment