Sunday, July 19, 2009

ASAN!!

Yesterday morning I woke up at 7am to a text message from my conversation partner saying the plan to go to Asan was still on because the weather seemed to be clearing up. I was so excited, I hurriedly got my stuff together and met my conversation partner at Suwon Station at 10am.













We got to Asan at about noon, and the station we got off at had a really cute 시장 (outdoor market) there. We had some lunch there, and bought some BBQ meat for dinner, then headed to her grandma's house.

On the way, we stopped by a 민속 (traditional village). It was really pretty there, and there was a stream going through
it. A lot of kids were playing in it, and we decided to go play for a while, too.

It was pretty small there, but her grandmother was really sweet. Reminded me a lot of my own grandma. We had 삼겹살 (pork) for dinner that we barbecued outside ourselves.



















This morning we had breakfast, and then came back to Suwon. I pretty much did nothing but homework and reviewing today. I have to write an entire page in Korean about the most memorable gift I ever received. I don't know if I can even do that in English, let alone Korean. Damon and I spent about 3 hours in Paris Baguette doing hw and studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment