Sunday, July 12, 2009

Old Friends

On Thursday 장마 (monsoon season) officially set in. How happy am I for that....... So anyways, after classes, me and Keunbum went back to that karaoke place at Ajoo University we went to last time. It was at 3pm, so it was only about $8 for 2 1/2 hours which is amazingly cheap! One hour in the US is $30. This time one of his classmates, Abel, joined us for karaoke. Then we went to a cafe to study for a couple hours.

Friday morning I did my powerpoint for my presentation. Right as I was finishing up my last slide, my computer suddenly went blue and shut off after that. I almost had a heart attack. Thank god for Microsoft 2007 having a good autosave. My computer was able to turn back on, and I retrieved all my info with the exception of my last few slides. It was good thing because this happened 15 minutes before class was due to start x.X Friday went off like any other school day, and my presentation went pretty well. I knew most of my information by heart, but in English, not Korean, so I did some reading off the slides instead of speaking for memory. I hope I didn't lose many points for this.

Friday night I ended up at Korea University (고려대학교), my old uni in Seoul. They had a party for incoming summer students, and my friend Haeyoon invited me. I saw Daniella again finally after three weeks of waiting to meet her! I keep meeting this girl every time I'm in asia. We studied together 2 years ago at Korea Uni, and last summer I met her for a day in Tokyo while she was staying for a month. She left right after I arrived, so I only saw her that once in Tokyo. But so anyways.... we ended up partying, and then around 1am went back to CJ International House dormitory at Korea Uni. We went to sleep in the basement as we have known many people to do in the past who've missed curfew for the other dorms and were locked out because CJ didn't lock it's doors. But at 3am a security guard came down and told us we werent allowed to sleep there, and we ended up staying the rest of the night at a sauna.

Saturday, I met up with my program group to go see Nanta (난타), a sort of musical about a bunch of chefs who have an hour to prepare a feast for a bunch of weddings. It's mostly instrumental, and while I love musicals, I don't really like instrumental ones much. I thought I'd sleep through it, but I actually managed to enjoy it quite a bit. Then Zury and I met up with Sheila in Hongdae to go to a photography exhibit for the Seoul Photography Club, or something like that. The photographers were really amazing. I wish I had the means and talent to do the stuff they do.

Last night I went to bad at 11pm, and woke up today at 12:30pm. It's been a really lazy day because the downpour was so heavy that no one went out mostly. I got a tiny bit of studying done, but I have to study a lot more tomorrow because I have my midterm on Tuesday, and on Wednesday we begin Intermediate II.

No comments:

Post a Comment