Thursday, January 7, 2010

SNOW SNOW SNOW

Day 18 (Jan 6) - Madison
Yesterday all I really did was watch a movie with Becky during the day, then watched the kids as she went to go run some errands. I also painted the first layer of gloss on the dresser.

Day 19 (Jan 7) - Madison
I was supposed to get out of Madison, but do to a HUGE PILE OF SNOW EVERYWHERE, I was stuck. It was ok though, because Becky was busy in town and would need me to watch the kids in the afternoon. Her husband ended up coming home an hour after he left saying the roads were bad and he'd work from him. Because of that, I asked for Becky a ride downtown.

I texted Moe who I met Tuesday at dinner and karaoke because I wanted to check out University of Wisconsin, and he worked on campus. We met up for lunch. Then I went to Lake Mendota, one of two lakes on the isthmus of Madison. There's a really good view of it from campus in the Union building. I walked out onto the lake, and it was my first time standing on a frozen lake! It was pretty cool. I wish I could have seen down, but I suppose if I could do that, it wouldn't have been safe for me to walk on.

After that I met Moe again at his office, because he said I could crash his coworker's retirement party. It was pretty chill, but I felt a bit weird since I didn't belong there. After that, I took the bus back to Becky's place.

No comments:

Post a Comment