Sunday, January 3, 2010

Frigid cold January

Day 14 (Jan 2) - Madison
Yesterday was frigid and cold. Perfectly fine if we were sitting inside, but we weren't. Becky's husband and the kids went to visit his family, so we saw this as a perfect opportunity to see some of downtown Madison. We didn't realize it was SIX DEGREES OUT! Anyways, we went to the Capitol building, which is modeled after the Washington DC Capitol. It was beautiful inside, and there was even a liberty bell inside. This was my first time inside any state capitol building even though I've been in 25 states now.

After that, we went to see Lake Monona. It was frozen, but quiet on the water. Becky told me usually people are ice skating or fishing or ice boating on the lake, but I guess everyone was still recovering from New Years Eve because the lake was empty.

At night, we went to the Club Tavern in Middleton to see Pat McCurdy. I heard his name tossed around a few times since I got her, and I heard he's a bit of a legend in the Midwest, so I was excited to see his show. He does mostly comedy songs, including Irish songs, Country, camp fire songs, and other people's music done in different genres. There was a section of his show where he was asking people what were their names and hometowns, and sang a song about them. I was chosen, and he made a little pass at the Phillies for losing the World Series, then continued on about how I hooked up with most of the star athletes in Philadelphia.

Towards the end he did a few of his popular songs that have dances along with them. A lot of the people in the crowds seemed to be regular, because most people did the moves as he sang. A bunch of girls got up on stage to dance to this one song, and the moves seemed simple enough, so I jumped up there too. I had so much fun at the show. I tried to convince Becky to get up there too, but it wasn't her thing.

Day 15 (Jan 3) - Madison
The day was pretty lazy. We slept in late, and in the afternoon we took down the Christmas tree. The family came home around noon, and the kids played with their new toys they got from their grandma. It was pretty quiet until they arrived, so my ears were not accustomed to the noise at that point. Eventually they left to go buy a new beta fish, and I finished watching my movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment