Sunday, December 20, 2009

Midwest Adventure Day 1

Well…. Day 1 of my post-graduate Midwest Adventure has commenced. Everyone's been looking at me weird for choosing Wisconsin, but personally I see no issues with it. Sure, it's cold this time of year. But 20 inches of snow just fell over my development, so I don't think my parents have a right to talk now about running off to a cold state. They gave me the same looks and criticisms when I told them I was going to Tennessee or West Virginia, and I've had amazing memorable experiences in both.

So let's start at the beginning. This morning I woke up to aforementioned 20 inches of snow on my driveway that my dad and I had to plow out. It's a good thing my dad drives what can almost be called a tank. We got to the airport with plenty of time to spare. All the flights around me were being delayed or cancelled, so I was so worried. My plane didn't even arrive to my terminal til 5 minutes before boarding for us, and the other people still had to get off the plane. Regardless, we left on time, and my layover in Chicago was no more stressful.

My host, Becky, picked me up from the airport and took me to her house where they were having a Christmas party. I originally was going to come the 21st, but she said it would be fun to come, so I did. She was super nice, and so was her family. They did that thing where families go in a circle unwrapping one gift at a time, except they didn't do it in a circle, they did it by youngest to oldest. I'm sure to some people that's pretty standard, but for me as a Jew, it was pretty interesting to watch. Since there was about 20-30 of them, it took quite a bit.

Afterwards, the party died down a bit, some people left, and we spent some time talking about travels and other stuff with Becky and a few of her family members. She has 3 kids, and they're all really sweet. She has some adventures planned, I'm sure! I can't wait to get out and see more of this state!!

1 comment:

  1. HAY YOO. How come I was not informed (sooner) about this new blog?

    Was the cheese good? I hear they have magnificent cheese...some of the best cheese curds for poutine.

    OMG WHEN ARE YOU IN PA?

    We're moving back on the 28th so we have to play. I'm planning a gastonomic tour of Philly (pastry edition) and possibly touring that school you recommended (Walnut Hill). COME WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PURIIZU!

    ReplyDelete