Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Liking Madison....

Day 2

We got up early, and went out sledding in the snow with Becky's 3 kids, Ma (10), Au (8), and Ai (6). Some of Becky's neighbors went as well, and then we did that for a while so that Becky could get some chores done at home. Afterwards, we took the kids to the dentist, then went shopping.

After the dentist, we met Becky's sister and her family again in downtown Madison. After walking around for a bit, we had some dinner, and went back home. Some more of Becky's neighbors came over, and their godson who's my age. We talked for a bit, and he said he might be able to show me around a bit as well. That'd be cool. He has a car.

Day 3

There was even more snow on the ground. I went to go play in the snow with the kids, and I let them bury me under a big pile of snow. Meanwhile, Becky and her husband, Brett, went to do some more Christmas shopping. After we got sick of the snow, we started watching a Disney movie, and one of Ai's classmates stopped by for a play date, so she watched with us.

After lunch we all went sledding again, this time on a TALLER STEEPER hill. I overheard someone say that tomorrow there will be a blizzard. Great......... considering there's already over 2 feet on the ground!

At night, Becky and I went to this karaoke thing at a bar that has a live band, that is just sooo much fun to watch. I chose to sing Sugartown by Nancy Sinatra because of the movie
(500) Days of Summer, where the main character sang it. She was from the Midwest, so I vowed if I ever went to the Midwest, I'D SING THAT SONG! Unfortunately when I got up on stage, it turned out they DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT, even though they picked their own songbook, which that song was on. I sang a bit to them and they decided to wing it, and it sounded quite good, but I was all confused by the arrangement, and it sounded more like Sugartown (Chopped'n'Screwed Remix). Everyone who sang gets a free drink, woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment