Saturday, August 29, 2009

Back in Philly

Since I got home, thing have been back to their old routines at home...

I had a bunch of job interviews lined up, but didn't get anything. At this point I'm just desperate for work and to get out of the house, so I'll take just about anything. Just to earn enough for maintainence for the fall semester before I leave again so that I don't spend the money I have saved up for when I leave. I have another interview as a server at a vineyard on Wednesday. I hope I get it!

School starts next Tuesday. I arranged my schedule to only have classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 11am-8pm.... full day! We'll see if I can manage.

Been seeing a lot of family since I got back. It's good to visit them. Especially Arthur got so big! He's having his first birthday in November. But he's gotten so fat, he's like a miniature buddha.

Also, last Sunday I went to Gettysburg and Harrisburg with mama, Eric, and Max. Gettysburg is a very cool battle ground. And so well documented. The only problem was that mama bought a bus tour for us, and the tour guide was quite good, but the windows were too high, and they only stopped to let us out to take pictures like twice. After that, we stopped in Harrisburg on the way home. We'd never been to our state capital before, and the capitol building was gorgeous. And all the streets were named the same as they are in Center City Philly. The Susquehanna also ran though it, and the city was divided by a bunch of pretty bridges. Middle of nowhere, but altogether a pretty place.

As of Thursday, I'm dog-sitting for my mom's cousin Nelly's dog Miles. He's a big dog, a lab and shepherd mix. He's very calm though, so he's easy to take care of. Except for when I walk him, and he tries to chase every dog, cat, and squirrel down the street. Nelly's home is in Fishtown, which I've been told is a pretty cool neighborhood. I left DSLR at home, but I'm going home shortly on Tuesday night, so I'll grab it then and take some pics. From here is just a 30 minute walk to school and 40 minute walk to Olde City. She told me First Friday in Northern Liberties is pretty awesome, so I'll have to check that out next Friday. Also next Friday, Cliff is having a party at his new place, but I'm not sure if I'm going yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment