Wednesday, June 20, 2012

One week left!

I can't believe that a week from right now, I'll be sitting at JFK airport, waiting to depart to Johannesburg airport. That is the first stop in our journey.

So a little update... here's what's going down next week. Next Tuesday morning (the 26th), mom's driving me down to Center City, because staging is in PHILLY! A day of orienting, vaccinations, etc. Then prolly followed by a night of stuffing our faces full of American food (I got S.O.S's pizza fries on the brain) and some sight seeing maybe.

At 2:30am Wednesday (27th), we're off for JFK airport. We'll arrive at JFK around 4:30am. The plane is at 11:15am. We arrive the morning of the 28th in Johannesburg. They'll give us a chance to change into something a little nicer from plane clothes. Then a 4-5 hour bus ride to Mbabane, the capital of Swaziland. So yeah.... about 2 days in transit for that.

At this point, I'm pretty much all packed except for some stuff I'm waiting on from Amazon. I made the stupid mistake of sending it to Normal instead of Philly, so now I had to rebuy everything. They said the easiest thing to do would be to rebuy it, and have the roomies reject the packages in Normal. When Amazon gets those back from there, they would refund me. Also, I'm going to pick up some prescriptions sunglasses today I ordered cause I decided not to wear contacts in Swaziland.

I made some new business cards made up for myself for networking.

And lastly, here's my temporary address for the first 9 weeks while we're in training. Send me stuff!!!!
Danni Shtraus
Peace Corps Swaziland
Box 2797
Mbabane H100
Swaziland
AFRICA


No comments:

Post a Comment