Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Back in Korea

After a month of travels around the US (10 different states in January!!), a nasty stomach virus, and my COLLEGE GRADUATION, I'm back in Korea now.

I arrived late, but was thrust right into things without any word of what I've missed or what I need to catch up on. Four of us arrived around the same time on Saturday the 6th, and TaLK just tossed us into the wild. After a tour of Daejeon, and a morning of instructions on how to run an English Camp, we were shipped off to Cheonan (천안) to do a camp.

Each of us were assigned a kid, and mine was really shy. She didn't want to speak English at all, and didn't really want to. Even though I tried to encourage here to speak English all the time, we spoke mostly in Korean so that she could understand me, but I would then translate to English and make her repeat after me.

We've played lots of games, and we've been running all over the place. I have bruises all over my knees. I'm tired as all hell. But at the same time, I had so much fun. Everyone had to prepare a dance, and we all presented them tonight. I wish I could adopt my kid. She's a sweetheart even though she's stubborn, and I'm sure I could help her and she could help me with Korean too.

Tomorrow back to Jochiwon where our orientation is, then Busan for the Chinese Lunar New Year for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment